Saturday 10 September 2011

Doing "Evil"

Let me run you through the beta.
On the one side we have "Evil Wears No Pants" a vicious and wicked 30, chiseled over the millennia by  the worst of natures menacing forces up the steepest face of Coolum Cave.
 On the other, me, an aging human. You can see where this is going.

Lee Cujes got behind the camera for my 235th attempt. Here's where we're at: I can get from the ground to the first bolt. I can get from the first bolt to the top. But I'll be bashed with a rack of cams if I can make the link.

Erik Smits on belay.
 That left hander is positive, sort of, but at 70 degrees overhung it just sucks the life outta ya.

 And just to stick it to me, that's a one finger joint undercling at full arms reach to finish it off.

 But then there's the atmosphere. Crazy steep rock, easy access, sea views, good friends, good times.

It ain't over till it's over.


All photos: Lee Cujes     Post pro: jjobrien

jj

No comments:

Post a Comment